My mid-midlife crisis.
I want to run away. Like when I was 10 and I threatened my parents with running away because I didn't get to stay outside and play for another hour. But this time, it's different. I may actually make it past my street corner.
Bottom line: I'm stir-crazy and I want to move. Maybe back to Canada, maybe to Europe. Somewhere in Western Europe would be nice. Picture it: Me, sitting at a cafe, sun shining, light breeze, people walking by, walking and talking in French or Spanish or Italian or some other sexy language. I'm half lost in thought, half eavesdropping, with a half filled cup of cappuccino in front of me next to my book, no, sketch pad, or journal. Something that says I'm artistic and I like to think. Can you see it? Looks pretty good, doesn't it? Wanna go?
You may be wondering (or not) where my sudden urge to run away to Canada or Europe stems from. Could be that I'm being influenced by the World Cup (I'm watching the Italy/Germany game right now). Or maybe it's because my brother is moving to Spain soon. Or perhaps it's because I want to see how far I can take this fantasy of mine. Could I really just leave? Would that be super crazy? Would I be able to get a job if I don't speak one of the sexy languages? So many questions!
A part of me worries that this is just boredom. That I have some weird "gets bored too quickly" disease. I mean, will I EVER be satisfied and content with my life? What the hell am I looking for?!
OK. That's enough crazy talk for one day.
Bottom line: I'm stir-crazy and I want to move. Maybe back to Canada, maybe to Europe. Somewhere in Western Europe would be nice. Picture it: Me, sitting at a cafe, sun shining, light breeze, people walking by, walking and talking in French or Spanish or Italian or some other sexy language. I'm half lost in thought, half eavesdropping, with a half filled cup of cappuccino in front of me next to my book, no, sketch pad, or journal. Something that says I'm artistic and I like to think. Can you see it? Looks pretty good, doesn't it? Wanna go?
You may be wondering (or not) where my sudden urge to run away to Canada or Europe stems from. Could be that I'm being influenced by the World Cup (I'm watching the Italy/Germany game right now). Or maybe it's because my brother is moving to Spain soon. Or perhaps it's because I want to see how far I can take this fantasy of mine. Could I really just leave? Would that be super crazy? Would I be able to get a job if I don't speak one of the sexy languages? So many questions!
A part of me worries that this is just boredom. That I have some weird "gets bored too quickly" disease. I mean, will I EVER be satisfied and content with my life? What the hell am I looking for?!
OK. That's enough crazy talk for one day.

7 Comments:
if you can go, GO. you'll always regret not going if you don't. it could be the best thing for you. and here's the thing, everywhere in the world is always hiring waitresses, especially hot Indian waitresse with spunky attitudes!!
don't worry about your "job" because chances are, leaving your comfort zone right now is going to make you 100% better at your "job" anyway, therefore putting you in a better place after your journey.
I love having smart friends. :)
dude. you live in TX. of course you want to leave.
Fly little bird! Fly!
Take me with you, please. This place is actually sucking the life out of me.
I'm with Concha. Get out of Texas. Every time I go to visit my inlaws there, I get totally uncomfortable in my own skin and just want to escape. I don't know whether it's the heat, the hicks or the hatred. At the very least, a nice, long vacation might be the cure!
have you left yet? i hope to get an email from you somewhere in the EU.
Post a Comment
<< Home