Destination: ___________.
I've got the moving itch. Yep. It's been a slight tingle for the past few weeks and I'm afraid to say that it's headed into a full-blown rash.
Now, I'm not sure if this is normal for most folks or if us ad school cats are more susceptible to this "itch" (please, feel free to comment). I know that living in San Francisco for a year, then moving to Chicago for six months, then to London for three months and then back to San Francisco for my final three months of ad school probably had something to do with my symptoms.
I'M GETTING BORED.
Sorry die-hard Dallasites. Your city now bores the living shit out of me. I'm tired of the sprawled out splendor called the DFW Metroplex. I don't want to hunt for those pockets of unique, non-mainstream coolness. In S.F./London, it was a matter of walking down the street and finding yourself pulled in five different directions because that shop looks cool! or that gallery has some new pieces! or man, a killer chai would definitely hit the spot right now! I miss the feeling of being in the city. I watch reruns of Sex and the City just to get a quick fix. I love the concrete jungle. It's my beautiful grey oasis.
You're probably thinking "Well shit, Deepsters! Pack up and get the hell out!" If it only were so easy, my friends. It's all about timing. So until that glorious day comes when I'll be walking the city streets again, filling my nostrils with exhaust fumes and my ears with the sound of heels on concrete, I'm going to have to keep hunting for that stupid silver lining.
FYI: Since HBO can't replace the real thing, I'm taking a trip to NYC in a couple of weeks. I'm so fucking stoked I'm gonna pee myself.
Now, I'm not sure if this is normal for most folks or if us ad school cats are more susceptible to this "itch" (please, feel free to comment). I know that living in San Francisco for a year, then moving to Chicago for six months, then to London for three months and then back to San Francisco for my final three months of ad school probably had something to do with my symptoms.
I'M GETTING BORED.
Sorry die-hard Dallasites. Your city now bores the living shit out of me. I'm tired of the sprawled out splendor called the DFW Metroplex. I don't want to hunt for those pockets of unique, non-mainstream coolness. In S.F./London, it was a matter of walking down the street and finding yourself pulled in five different directions because that shop looks cool! or that gallery has some new pieces! or man, a killer chai would definitely hit the spot right now! I miss the feeling of being in the city. I watch reruns of Sex and the City just to get a quick fix. I love the concrete jungle. It's my beautiful grey oasis.
You're probably thinking "Well shit, Deepsters! Pack up and get the hell out!" If it only were so easy, my friends. It's all about timing. So until that glorious day comes when I'll be walking the city streets again, filling my nostrils with exhaust fumes and my ears with the sound of heels on concrete, I'm going to have to keep hunting for that stupid silver lining.
FYI: Since HBO can't replace the real thing, I'm taking a trip to NYC in a couple of weeks. I'm so fucking stoked I'm gonna pee myself.

4 Comments:
I’m bored too. What the fuck is wrong with us? Ad school did a number on my psyche and now I want to move every 3 months. I’d be fine with SF, London, NY and Paris. That’s not so much to ask is it?
Did I just type “did a number”? Am I channeling June Cleaver?
Somebody kill me. Now.
I know where you can move to, and it's just a hop, jump and skip away!
I meant moving cities, Tweets. You just won't quit, will you? :)
oh god, preaching to the choir. i get this itch approximately every two years. right now i'm working on gentleman lover to get a job somewhere else (since he makes the big dough and i make the small dough) and then the lovely new job can move us someplace great.
honestly, i think you're a victim of your city. if you were in NYC or SF you wouldn't be having the itch.
youll be out soon enough. until then rent lots of SITC dvds. and every modern day british flick you can get your hands on.
Post a Comment
<< Home